- Ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with General Accounting Principles for a not-for-profit / charitable organization.
- Managing the full accounts receivable cycle including preparation and distribution of invoices, applying cash receipts from customer’s payments in form of cheques, cash, as well as EFT payment, and following up on outstanding invoices.
- Managing the full accounts payable cycle including review of vendor invoices for accuracy, ensuring proper matching, and coding. Corresponds with vendors to resolve issues and organize and file all invoices & payment requisitions.
- Accountable for the payroll for a workforce of 4 employees, including but not limited to ensuring payroll calculations, deductions, remittances, and tax reporting requirements are managed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Expense report preparation and processing.
- General month-end accounting including bank reconciliations, GST filing, and other period end accounting duties as assigned.
- Working with the Executive Director and Treasurer to provide financial information, reports, and analysis as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Post Secondary Education in Accounting would be an asset.
- Experience with a Community Support Service (CSS) organization would be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP would be an asset.
- Previous Payroll experience mandatory
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly MS Excel
Skills and Personal Traits:
- Strong analytical skills along with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player, self-starter, positive attitude with a willingness to learn and develop
- The candidate must obtain an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) from their local police detachment.
- Completion of legislated workplace health and safety online training will be required prior to start date as a condition of employment.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work varied days of the week to accommodate the needs of the position with a projected start date of April 12, 2021. Our hours of operation are M - F 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to apply: We invite qualified applicants to apply with their resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than 4:30 p.m. March 29, 2021. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we can only communicate with those shortlisted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted virtually.
The office is currently closed to walk in traffic. We continue to operate essential programs and services with COVID-19 safety protocols in place. While our office is closed to the public, our office is staffed each day.